Education Cartoons for Your School District

7509 Looking for a way to increase readership of your school newsletters? My education cartoons aren’t just funny, they provide a much needed boost to your open rates.

Why Use Cartoons?

Information isn’t helpful if people don’t read it. Newspapers and magazines have long known that cartoons are their most read and longest remembered content.

“95% of New Yorker readers read the cartoons first. The other 5% are lying.”

— David Remnick, Editor of The New Yorker

Similarly, cartoons can significantly increase newsletter open rates. Take a look at leading email newsletter service MailChimp’s benchmark open rates for education and government newsletters compared with the open rate for my own MailChimp newsletter containing a cartoon. The difference is impressive:

 

mailchimpopenrates

And I’m not the only one who’s noticed this:

“Marketers using cartoons see newsletter open rates of 45% vs 5-8%.”

– Ekaterina Walter, Social Media Strategist

Cartoons are something for your audience to look forward to. If they know a cartoon appears in each newsletter, they’ll open it to get a laugh, and then engage with the content you want them to see.

Simply put, cartoons work.

Who Uses My Cartoons?

whereyouveseenmycartoonsYou’ll be in good company. Clients who use my education themed cartoons include:

  • Scholastic
  • National Geographic
  • McGraw-Hill
  • Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
  • Cengage
  • Pearson
  • Edutopia
  • The Princeton Review
  • Oxford University Press

My cartoons also appear in national publications like:

  • Reader’s Digest
  • The Wall Street Journal
  • Good Housekeeping
  • Harvard Business Review

I’ve also worked for corporate clients including:

  • Walgreens
  • GE
  • GM
  • US Airways

In addition, I’ve been a featured speaker at the National Cartoonists Society‘s annual Reuben Awards, spoken at the Kenosha Festival of Cartooning, delivered seminars on Success in Comics, and written for the International Journal of Comic Art. (I even have a cartoon in the Smithsonian Museum of American History!)

What Do I Get?

7276You’ll receive a ZIP file containing both print-ready and web-optimized JPEGs of 52 education themed cartoons. This is more than you’ll need for the standard school year and will allow you to pick and choose the cartoons you like the most.

What Does It Cost?

The fee is $20 per school in your district. This keeps things simple, fair, and affordable for everyone.

How Do I Order?

Just click here to drop me a line and we’ll get started!